Saturday, April 12, 2008

E-Incompatible



My husband and I couldn't be more different. He is like a cave dweller - I love to be outside. He is a saver - I am a spender. He is naturally neat and organized - I am naturally NOT! He feels loved when I do stuff for him - I like to receive gifts. He made fabulous grades in college - I...well, no comment. We always joke about making a commercial for "E-Harmony" as an example of what happens when two people who are completely incompatible get married. What happens? A wonderful and visible sign of God's grace! God has taken two completely opposite, sinful people and made us learn to love unselfishly. I know when my husband stops and buys me something on the way home (usually a coke!) it is really love, because giving gifts doesn't come easy to him and he doesn't like to spend money. When I go out of my way to make sure the house is picked up, his clothes are cleaned and I have planned dinner it is truly an act of love because it is not easy for me. What can I say? I love my husband! He is the best man I know. He is smart, brave, generous and fun. He is a man of integrity. He is my hero!


1 comment:

windycorner said...

The Ideal Husband can overcome any hurdle we place in his path. He jumps a dirty carpet in a single bound, can dodge wrinkled shirts with a steaming iron, and will stop at McDonalds's on the way home faster than a speeding train. Hooray!!!!!