Friday, April 11, 2008

O'Joy


Maybe it was because I was the youngest of a big family, maybe I was naive or maybe it was true, but I always felt like my parents' friends were my friends, too. They always talked to me like I was a real person. I don't ever remember being asked to leave the room so they could have "grown up" conversations. I looked forward to being with "family friends" just as much, if not more, than friends my own age. I lost a friend today...her name says it all- O'Joy. She was one of my mother's dearest friends and mine too. I will miss her easy smile, contagious laugh and the greatest southern accent I have ever heard. I love you, O'Joy!

1 comment:

windycorner said...

Hi Amy,
So glad you wrote this. Grief had me tongue-tied. We'll always remember the kindness and cheerfulness of this great lady. She was a true belle.