Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Give Thanks


I was talking to my "bosom friend" one day telling her how I was feeling irritable. "Every little thing is getting on my nerves and I feel like I am going to "snap" at my children." I told her. She wisely encouraged me to look around me and begin thanking God for everything I could think of. I wasn't sure this would work, but I tried it anyway. She was right! Pretty soon I was seeing my children as a blessing again and my ungrateful heart changed! "A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit dries up the bones." Proverbs 17:22 I always thought that was a interesting saying, but had no idea I had a choice in the matter.
Now I know! When I choose to obey God and be thankful, my dried up bones jump up and begin to dance about inside me. "Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." Ephesians 5:19b-20
Are you feeling a little irritable today? Take a little
"Thankfulness Tonic". It will do you good!

1 comment:

windycorner said...

Hey Sis!
The first thing I did after reading your entries was add you to my list in case you forget your sign in. We'll be able to find it! Love the picture of Miss Priss. What an angel. The name of your blog made me think of Butler right off the bat. The image of him coming in the room with red eyes and saying between sobs,"I have a happy heart" will stay with me forever.
love ya,
Holley